I just came up with this recipe while trying to figure out how I could make use of some black beans I had laying around. So without further ado here is the recipe:
- 1 can of Black Beans (washed and drained)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs (I recommend Panko)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2-4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 ½ tablespoons of garlic and herb (or garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (or ½ onion)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Hot sauce (to your liking)
- ¼ cup apple sauce (or any egg replacement)
- 5-6 hamburger buns
- Vegan cheese spread (I used cashew)
- 5-8 leaves of spinach (or one slice of lettuce) per burger
- 2 tomatoes(sliced)
- Put beans into a large bowl and mash well with fork or potato masher.
- Add apple sauce or egg replacement and mix until combined.
- Then add bread crumbs, salt, pepper, mustard, hot sauce, thyme, garlic, chili powder and onion.
- Mix well to combine and shape into patties.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium low heat. Arrange Patties in a single layer and cook on one side for 5 minutes. Then flip and cook other side for another five minutes for a total of 10 minutes. When done transfer to buns and top with chosen add-ons.
- I found the garlic and herb at Sams club
- This it the literal most delicious black bean burger recipe I have ever had in my life and I’ve had a lot of them. I hope you enjoy this recipe and be sure to leave a comment on how it turns out(: